GET OUR LATEST BLOG POSTS
SEARCH OUR BLOG
Visually’s Marketplace connects thousands of designers with clients seeking to commission infographics and data visualizations. Every week, we feature a member of our designer community here, on the blog. If you are interested in participating, please contact us at blog[at]visual.ly.
Name: Stephen Wildish
On Visually: Wildyles
In Design: 12 years
1. Tell us a bit about yourself: how did you get into design, and how long have you been doing it?
I did a degree in Fine Art, and quickly found after finishing the course that it wasn’t for me. I managed to get a job working for a large UK company and worked my way up from there. Three years ago I went freelance, and last year I formed a company with a guy called Jake (another designer) and haven’t looked back since!
2. In 7 words or less, describe your style.
The simpler, the better.
Explore more infographics like this one on the web’s largest information design community – Visually.
3. If you could take a seminar with one designer or artist, dead or living, who would that be? Why?
Probably David McCandless, just so I could apologise for ripping him off so much 😉
4. What’s your favorite color? Why?
Grey, keeps everything simple.
5. What is the biggest mistake you’ve made in your work and what did you learn from it?
Letting ideas get watered down, it can ruin a decent piece of work. I try to be a stronger designer and resist the client but you have to choose your battles.
6. What about your biggest achievement? Tell us about the project you are most proud of in your career so far.
Probably the film alphabets, it’s been my biggest hit and the project that has brought the most work in.