GET OUR LATEST BLOG POSTS
SEARCH OUR BLOG
Visually’s Marketplace connects thousands of designers with clients seeking to commission infographics and data visualizations. Every week, we feature a member of our designer community here, on the blog. If you are interested in participating, please contact us at blog[at]visual.ly.
Name: Patrícia Mafra
On Visually: Pazenhamafra
In Design: 4 years
1. Tell us a bit about yourself: how did you get into design, and how long have you been doing it?
Olá! My name is Patrícia and I’m a Portuguese illustrator and designer. I love cats, hate mornings and wish my hair was ginger.
I’ve been drawing since I’ve learned how to use a pencil and now I’m happy to say that I can do this for a living.
Currently, I’m living and working as a freelancer in Berlin, Germany.
2. In 7 words or less, describe your style.
I’ve asked my friends to describe it for me, they came out with this: Playful, happy, nostalgic, jovial, illustrative…
I guess I’ll have to trust them.
3. If you could take a seminar with one designer or artist, dead or living, who would that be? Why?
It’s hard to choose one but I have to say that I love to illustrate animals and some of my all time favorite artists doing this are Charley Harper and Alain Grée. I would love to meet them and just chat a little bit about random stuff.
4. What’s your favorite color? Why?
I tend to use blue a lot, not sure if it is my favorite color but it reminds me of home, clear sky and the sea.
Explore more infographics like this one on the web’s largest information design community – Visually.
5. What is the biggest mistake you’ve made in your work and what did you learn from it?
Of course it will always be a learning process with each project but if I would have to name one mistake I would say it was saying “yes” to everything. I’ve learnt how to say “no” more often.
6. What about your biggest achievement? Tell us about the project you are most proud of in your career so far.
I think that my biggest achievement until today is doing illustration for a living, I’m very proud and thankful for doing what I love everyday.