GET OUR LATEST BLOG POSTS
SEARCH OUR BLOG
If you’ve noticed your male coworkers, friends, family and significant others’ faces getting hairier and hairier this month, it might be because of Movember: a period of lip hair cultivation. These face farms are dedicated to the worthy cause of raising awareness of men’s health. In honor of dedicated men around the world reaching the halfway point today, here are 11 infographics about facial hair.
1. This motion graphic about Movember gives a good overview of the month and what it is about.
2. And if you like your ‘staches stationary, there’s also a static infographic version.
3. Movember has some parts that are Good, Bad(ass), and Ugly. Find out which are which.
4. The Hairy Truth About the Moustache goes into detail about some of the peculiarities of the phenomenon.
5. Social media is all abuzz with whisker whispers. Movember: A Mo-Growing takes a look at some of the buzz.
6. One of the most important parts of Movember is growing by the rules. Movember: A Gentleman’s Guide sets out the guidelines.
7. Since we are halfway through the month, it is getting to be time to make a decision about styles. Luckily, there are several graphics to help with that decision, including Select Your Stache!
8. A moustache’s influence on crime might also play a role in your decision.
9. It’s also important to groom it correctly. The Moustache-O-Graph has some great tips for waxing your tips.
10. Once the month is over, you’re left with a difficult decision; To Stache or not to Stache.
11. We’ll leave you with these mustachioed moments of Tony Smith also growing for good, although rather than for prostate and testicular cancer research and men’s health awareness, he grew his lip caterpillar for Alzheimers.
Drew Skau, whose flavor saver is of the ginger variety, is a Visualization Architect at Visual.ly and a PhD Computer Science Visualization student at UNCC with an undergraduate degree in Architecture. You can follow him on twitter @SeeingStructure