GET OUR LATEST BLOG POSTS
SEARCH OUR BLOG
James Bond had small beginnings in the world of fiction when Ian Fleming first wrote about him in 1953. Once his character was picked up by the film industry in 1962, he turned into an icon of espionage. As the longest running film franchise in history, Bond has become an indispensable part of culture, helping to define ‘cool’ in lots of realms: from cars, to fashion, to alcohol, to gadgets. To celebrate a continuation of his legacy with the release of Skyfall, here are 20 infographics about the spy and his legacy.
1. A quick History of 007 is a great place to get started.
2. As a spy, 007 gets to travel all around the world. Are you more traveled than James Bond?
3. A good deal of that traveling is done by car. Check out the history of Bond cars throughout each film.
4. These aren’t just normal cars, though. They all come with built-in gadgets.
5. For even more details about the cars, check out Driving 007.
6. Bond’s cars are seriously equipped, so here’s yet another infographic about the cars’ features.
7. Bond doesn’t just drive cars. He also has a great collection of motorcycles.
8. For a full list of the vehicles used by Bond in each movie, check out the James Bond Ultimate Vehicles Guide.
9. And, of course, everyone, even Bond needs driving Music.
10. 007 also dresses to impress. Check out his styles in How to Dress Like Bond.
11. Dressing nice, being mysterious and driving fancy cars certainly seems to impress the ladies.
12. There have been quite a few Bond girls through the ages.
13. But if you were a Bond Girl, you might want to think twice about which version of 007 you choose. Which Bond would you pick?
15. And if you still haven’t made up your mind, Who’s the Best Bond will surely give you enough information.
16. All of the dates, cars, gadgets and clothes add up. How much would Bond cost the taxpayer?
17. We can’t forget that James Bond is a fictional character, though. The Business of Bond is a gigantic movie franchise with massive profits.
18. Those profits can also be compared Per Bond Actor.
19. And we can’t forget the network of other actors involved in the productions.
By day, Drew Skau is a Visualization Architect at Visual.ly and a PhD Computer Science Visualization student at UNCC with an undergraduate degree in Architecture. By night, he loves spy gadgets and may even own a few. You can follow him on twitter @SeeingStructure